May 15, 2010

Pitiful Amnesty (F.I.R.E.)

Transcribed by NVVICIOUS

Pitiful Amnesty
My people fall and fall and fall
Watch me fall and fall and fall into hell
Watch me fall into the deepest pits of hell
Where the air is razor sharp slicing cells in the process of meiosis
Listen to my people's screech for help
Slowly penetrating deep within their graves
Bloodcurdling screams injects life back into my ancestors long deceased

Sleep disturbed by the genocide occurring in your world
Just on the other side of the globe
Worlds collide from the dark tops of deceptions
We find ethnic cleansing within the jungles of deceit
The government refuses to lend a hand
Afraid to intervene but intervene they did thirty years ago
This supposed to be the land of opportunities
Do your part

That's why I exposed myself to my people, Hmong people
I'm trying to show the globe to the kids the 300,000 souls paranoid
Fear embedded* into their states of norm
Survive, the one thing constantly on their mind

Gunshots, blast! Run! Duck! Hide!
What if that was my son at the other end of that gun?
Paranoid my only son gone
Hearts molested, souls raped, left with untold stories, unknown heartaches
Strung together with cloth, rainbow color strings on neezo*
Watch, watch, watch me, watch me fall
Watch me fall, watch me fall into hell

As you soak yourself daily with unnecessary accessories
My people, your people, our people are still waiting for us to save them
A forgotten tribe crushed by American ties
To the last roots American collaborators must be uproot
The final act of our war supposedly ended in '73
Now the last chapter is unfolding
Completely surrounded, this time America can finally put them in their history

We say, "It hurts too much to think about then"
But stop, think, then is not for them
We were the lucky ones swam across the river
We were born between borders, between east and west, between rice fields and skyscrapers
Made it to America, made it to America
More educated than ever, got doctors, lawyers
And people on the senate so don't even say that nothing can be done
Look around and see what the Hmong have become

It's time for you to Speak! Kick! Scream!
And never stop until the government replies to our pleas
This is real, this is now
As you sit and listen to the prose* I'm spitting out
This another Holocaust happening in Laos
Kids left with burns, malnutrition, and shrapnose
It's time to speak out, our people are dying
Say it loud, and say it proud

Like powers before me I call for a revolution
A revolution, a revo, a revo, a revolution
Again, a revo, a revo, a revolution
Say it with me now, a revo, a revo, a revolution
One more time, a revo, a revo, a revolution

You may say this ain't your fight
But when life pulls you down and your people ain't around
Who's gonna be there to lift you up?
When life blinds you and you can no longer see
Who's gonna lead you down that path of cultural tranquility?
That path of endless possibility, no one

Inaccessible jungle, unbearable struggle
Still carrying the burden of grandparents, parents and uncles
They bow for the destiny they used to receive
Still bleeding for American loyalties
Simply hoping for pitiful amnesty
Freedom, schools, and democracy
Eventually to die food scarcities
On death it seems nobody has a monopoly
This is truth, this is life
All we got is one another
We need to get together, stick together, love each other

I call for a revolution, a revolution
A revo, a revo, a revolution
Again, a revo, a revo, a revolution
Say it with me, a revo, a revo, a revolution
One more time, a revo, a revo, a revolution
* unsure

No comments:

Post a Comment